A couple of weeks ago we took some 3D active glasses and tested the nose piece, lens, and side piece for bacteria. We used a bacteria testing kit and swabbed different test points on 12 glasses. After doing so, we let the bacteria grow in our science lab incubator. Yesterday we took the samples out to see how much bacteria were on the glasses. To our amazement two of the 12 glasses that we tested were actually somewhat clean; however the other 10 glasses had lots of bacteria. We will go back and run the glasses through our device, WASH3D, and see how the bacteria levels change. We will then do the correct statistical testing to get a better idea of how well WASH3D works compared to the current cleaning method. Looking at the bacteria really makes you lose your appetite.